Director of Finance
firstname.lastname@example.org | 3-5161 | 549 Evans
Millie is the point of contact for Economics departmental finances. She organizes the departmental budget along with the oversight of all fund management and the financial & business services within the department. Reach out to Millie (email or in person) for requests and questions regarding:
- Summer salary
- Research centers budgets and finances
- Faculty commitments allocations
- Faculty research and endowment fundings
- Deparmental fiscal management
- TAS, budget and forecasting analysis, SAS
- Approvals for BearBuy, BluCard, Event Planner Card, financial journals, and departmental travel & entertainment and purchasing
- Departmental business operations, accounting policies and procedures
- Discretionary funding
Some examples of financial questions that Millie can help you answer:
- Funding issues to summer salary agreements
- Funding related to from Dean/EVCP
Assistant Director of Finance
email@example.com | 2-2239 | 547 Evans
Jane is the point of contact for all faculty fund requests within the Economics department. Manages faculty department-level funds and provide faculty with other financial services. She can assist you with:
- Faculty fund balance and expenses reporting
- Faculty reimbursements
- Purchase Order requests and Invoice Payment requests
- Payroll expense transfers
- Earning distribution changes (chart string change for an employee)
- General ledgers adjustment (non-compensation expense and fund transfers)
- Fund approval for hiring (GSI/GSR/Visiting Scholar)
Some examples of financial questions that this person can help you answer:
- How much did I spend on travels last year?
- Have I receive my BEARS Grant yet?
- What is the chart string for my Start Up fund/account?
- I need to plan for future expenses, how much money do I have left in all my accounts?
*For questions regarding Contracts and Grants funding, please continue to contact your Research Administrator.
Financial Services Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org| 3-0717 | 529 Evans
The Financial Services Analyst is the point of contact for purchasing supplies (non-computer and software) and staff reimbursements. For computer and software purchases or other IT matters, please contact email@example.com. For seminar reimbursements, please contact the seminar coordinators.
For Staff purchases, email your request to Jane and Millie. Millie will need to approve the purchase. It should include:
- a link to the item you'd like to purchase
- business purpose
- supervisor's approval
For reimbursements and professional development requests, complete the appropriate form below and email it to Jane with the required supporting documentation.
- General Reimbursement Form: Receipt should be itemized, show amount paid and method of payment (ie last 4 digits of credit card). Amazon receipts need to say "Final Details..." at the top. If you are missing a receipt, complete the Certificate of Lost/Missing Receipt (p2 of form).
- Entertainment Reimbursement Form: Both the itemized receipt and payment slip are required.
- Travel Reimbursement Form (1/18/23)
- Professional Development Request Form
- Certificate of Lost / Missing Receipt: To be used when the original receipt is not available as a back-up documentation.