Director of Finance
email@example.com | 3-5161 | 549 Evans
Millie is the point of contact for Economics departmental finances. She organizes the departmental budget along with the oversight of all fund management and the financial services within the department. Reach out to Millie (email or in person) for requests and questions regarding:
- Summer salary
- Research centers budgets and finances
- Faculty commitments allocations
- Faculty research and endowment fundings
- Deparmental fiscal management
- TAS, budget and forecasting analysis, SAS
- Approvals for BearBuy, BluCard, Event Planner Card, financial journals, and departmental travel & entertainment and purchasing
- Departmental business operations, accounting policies and procedures
- Discretionary funding
Some examples of financial questions that Millie can help you answer:
- Funding issues to summer salary agreements
- Funding related to from Dean/EVCP
Assistant Director of Finance
firstname.lastname@example.org | 2-2239 | 547 Evans
Rose is the point of contact for all faculty fund requests within the Economics department. She manages faculty department-level funds and provide faculty with other financial services. Rose can assist you with:
- Faculty fund balance and expenses reporting
- Quick guide to understanding a chart string
- Bi-yearly financial reports (sent in December and June each year)
- Customized financial reports per request
- Faculty reimbursements
- Purchase Order requests and Invoice Payment requests
- Payroll expense transfers
- Email Rose
- Earning distribution changes (chart string change for an employee)
- Email Rose
- General ledgers adjustment (non-compensation expense and fund transfers)
- Email Rose
- Fund approval for hiring (GSI/GSR/Visiting Scholar)
- Email Rose or drop off forms in 547 Evans
Some examples of financial questions that Rose can help you answer:
- How much did I spend on travels last year?
- Have I receive my BEARS Grant yet?
- What is the chart string for my Start Up fund/account?
- I need to plan for future expenses, how much money do I have left in all my accounts?
*For questions regarding Contracts and Grants funding, please continue to contact your Research Administrator.
Financial Services Analyst
email@example.com| 3-0717 | 529 Evans
Jane is the point of contact for purchasing supplies (non-computer and software) and staff reimbursements. For computer and software purchases or other IT matters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For seminar reimbursements, please contact the seminar coordinators.
For Staff purchases, email your request to Jane and Millie. Millie will need to approve the purchase. It should include:
- a link to the item you'd like to purchase
- business purpose
- supervisor's approval
For reimbursements and professional development requests, complete the appropriate form below and email it to Jane with the required supporting documentation.
- General Reimbursement Form: Receipt should be itemized, show amount paid and method of payment (ie last 4 digits of credit card). Amaon receipts need to say "Final Details..." at the top. If you are missing a receipt, complete the Certificate of Lost/Missing Receipt (p2 of form).
- Entertainment Reimbursement Form: Both the itemized receipt and payment slip are required.
- Travel Reimbursement Form
- Professional Development Request Form
- Certificate of Lost / Missing Receipt: To be used when the original receipt is not available as a back-up documentation.