All upper division economics electives are restricted to declared majors only during Phase I and Phase II. Undeclared students and students from other majors should put themselves on the waitlist. Students will be enrolled, on a space available basis, during the Adjustment Period.
(A) How to add an Economics course:
- To enroll in an Economics course you must use TELEBEARS. All Economics courses are impacted and we recommend adding them in Phase I.
- If you cannot immediately add a course, put yourself on the waitlist for the lecture and if the course has discussion sections, also on a waitlist for a section. You will not get into a lecture unless you get into a section. Because of this, it is a good idea to put yourself on the shortest possible section waitlist. If the waitlist is full, your chances of being enrolled are minimal. Remember that you are able to switch sections throughout the adjustment period. To further maximize your chances of enrollment, switch sections as appropriate to remain on the shortest section waitlist. More detailed information on how to switch sections.
- The waitlists are processed automatically by TELEBEARS, not by the department. Waitlists update each weekend until the semester begins, and then update nightly through the third week of classes.
- If a course has seats set aside for Course Entry Code (CEC), please contact the Economics Head Graduate Student Instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org) in room 548 Evans Hall to see if you can apply for a class entry code. Be aware that there are very limited (if any) seats saved for this purpose and other students will be competing for them. The Head GSI will accept paper applications for CECs starting the first day of classes and applications are due a week from then.
- You can complete a CEC application anytime at 548 Evans during the first week of the classes, once instruction begins the Head GSI will also hold office hours the first two weeks of classes, from 9am to 5pm.
(B) How to stay enrolled in an Economics course:
- You must attend lecture and sections during the first week of classes. Attendance will be taken.
- If you are absent, you will be dropped. All drops due to non-attendance will be final.
- More detailed information on how to stay enrolled in an Economics course.
(C) If your section was cancelled
- You have NOT been dropped.
- Log into TELEBEARS and change sections using the Switch Sections option.
- Do NOT try to drop the lecture and then re-add it because you may not be allowed to re-add.
- More detailed information on what to do if your section was cancelled.
(D) How to change sections:
- Logon to TELEBEARS and change sections using the Switch Sections option.
- Do NOT drop the lecture and then re-add it because you may not be allowed to re-add.
- Note: if the section you want is full, you can try to enroll in another section taught by the same GSI. GSI names are listed on the online Schedule of Classes. If you are successful, tell your GSI that you are enrolled in one of his/her sections but will be attending another.
- More detailed information on how to change sections.
(E) How to drop an Economics course:
- You must use TELEBEARS and follow the instructions to drop a course.
- More detailed information on how to drop an Economics class.
Consult the Courses webpage for course offerings. TELEBEARS can be accessed during the first five weeks of the semester.