Transfer Credit

Community Colleges and 4-year Institutions

Students who wish to have transfer courses considered for Economics major/course credit will take one of the following actions, depending on whether the course(s) is taken at a California community college, a 4-year institution, or a non-California community college. Students are strongly encouraged to follow these procedures prior to enrolling in the course(s).


If the course(s) is taken at a community college in California...


If the course(s) is taken at a 4-year institution or a non-California community college...


To transfer credit to UC Berkeley, an official transcript must be sent to the Office of the Registrar. Instructions found here.


CLICK to learn more about important academic policies related to taking courses outside the Economics department.


Are you a transfer student pursuing the Economics major? Be sure to review our Prospective Student page and specific information for Transfer students.