Students who wish to have transfer courses considered for Economics major/course credit will take one of the following actions, depending on whether the course(s) is taken at a California community college, a 4-year institution, or a non-California community college. Students are strongly encouraged to follow these procedures prior to enrolling in the course(s).
If the course(s) is taken at a community college in California...
- Use assist.org to determine course equivalency.
- Approved courses on assist.org will count as their UC Berkeley equivalent course towards the Economics major requirements.
If the course(s) is taken at a 4-year institution or a non-California community college...
- Submit a Course Equivalency Request to determine if/how the course can count towards the Economics major and the Economics course credit. It is strongly encouraged to submit the course equivalency request prior to enrolling in the course(s) for consideration.
- For DECLARED MAJORS ONLY:
- If a course is approved, notify the Economics Undergraduate Advising Office after the credit is posted to the Transfer Credit report.
- Send email to email@example.com (please include student ID number) and request to apply approved credit to the Academic Progress Report (APR).
To transfer credit to UC Berkeley, an official transcript must be sent to the Office of the Registrar. Instructions found here.
CLICK to learn more about important academic policies related to taking courses outside the Economics department.
Are you a transfer student pursuing the Economics major? Be sure to review our Prospective Student page and specific information for Transfer students.