Other Programs: BISP-LS and BGA

UC Extension concurrent enrollment students must complete the Cal Central request to be considered for enrollment.  Space in Economics courses is extremely limited and all students should have an alternate course planned.

Enrollment in Econ C3 and C102 are cross-listed courses that are handled by the College of Natural Resources.  

Students petitioning through concurrent enrollment should not attempt to enroll in the following courses:

  • Economics 1 or 2
  • Economics 100A or 100B
  • Economics 101A or 101B
  • Economics 140 or 141
  • Economics H195A or H195B
  • Economics 197
  • Economics 199
  • Economics 121, 134, 136, 138, 154, C142, and 191

Requests to enroll in the courses listed above will be rejected. DO NOT contact the professors or department staff to appeal for enrollment.

Graduate level courses are not approved for undergraduate concurrent enrollment students in BISP and BGA. All requests will be denied.

Remember, DO NOT contact our professors for approval unless specifically requested to do so by the department.  Instructors in the Department of Economics do not handle course-enrollment issues and all student enrollment must be approved by the department. 

The following courses are currently open for potential Spring 2018 enrollment, provided that there are open seats and prerequisites have been satisfied:  

  • Economics. 113, 115, C103, C125, 131, 133, 139, 152, 155, 155A, 157, 172, 174, C175, and C181. This is subject to change based upon enrollments.

1. For students visiting through the BISP-LS program, please consult with Jenny Cornet-Carrillo, Assistant Director for the Berkeley International Study Program about your course selection. BISP students are not eligible to take any graduate level Economics courses.


2. For student visiting through the Berkeley Global Access (BGA) program, please consult with Echo Xiao, BGA Program Coordinator about your course selection. BGA students are not eligible to take any graduate level Economics courses.

Please provide the name of your program (i.e. BISP, BGA, BESAP) in the notes section when making concurrent-enrollment requests.