Here are some links with useful information:
- Prepare Your Subdomain CalMail Account for Batch Migration
- The Math department's docomentation on their bMail migration, which took place on May 17.
UC Berkeley Knowlede Base articles on bMail include the following:
- How do I set a forwarding account in bMail?
- How do I configure my bMail account for IMAP access?
- Creating a Google Key for use with an @berkeley.edu account
- How do I send as my subdomain account in web-based bMail?
- What email client settings do I need to use for bMail?
- How do I add my bMail account to Thunderbird?
- How do I add my bMail account to Outlook 2010?
- iPhone Setup for bMail and bCal
- How to access bMail on a BlackBerry Device (campus instructions)
- How to access bMail on a BlackBerry Device (unaffiliated site) [Complete Instructions]
- How do I add bConnected (bMail, bCal & bDrive) to Android?
Note: The articles linked to above regarding client configuration generally do not address the issues of using a subdomian address (i.e., your @econ.berkeley.edu address). In general, if you wish to use your @econ.berkeley.edu address, you will use this address as your "email address," but your @berkeley.edu address as your "user name."